So...I thought I would share with you 10 Truths of why my blog is not successful. The real reason you do not see a new blog post every day. The reason I am not making money blogging. The reason of why The Cookie Puzzle, will never be nominated for "Blog of the Year"
1. I manage my time poorly. There I said it! I read way too many blogs. I spend way too much time on Pinterest. I watch way too much TV. Then, Sunday afternoon comes, and I don't have a single thing to post on my blog for the week.
2.I have secret Pinterest board titled "Blog Post Ideas" it currently has over 500 pins on it. These are ideas of things I want to blog about. Most of them are ideas of ideas posted by other bloggers, that I plan on tweaking to make them my own, but now the ideas are so many, that I don't know where to start.
3. I also have a board on Pinterest called Blogging Tips, it is full of useful blog posts about growing your blog, making money on your blog, hosting a successful link party, how to improve your "about me" page, stuff like that. All those posts are wonderful, I have read them all, but actually APPLYING what I read, well that is another story. I am always left with the feeling of being overwhelmed, I don't have time, energy or knowledge to do half of the tips I read.
4. I dropped some major money on a planner that was all but guaranteed to get me organized. It came highly recommended by other bloggers. They claim that it saved their life, kept them on track, and solved all their problems. Well, guess what, that might all be true, but as I type this, mine is starring at me, completely EMPTY! So yeah...that did not work for me.
5. I have convinced myself that to be a great blogger, you have a village of people helping you behind the scenes. NOW, having talked to several bloggers, read "behind the scenes" type blog posts, articles, and blogger groups chats, I know this is NOT TRUE. There are lot of bloggers that have their acts together, all by themselves, I AM NOT ONE OF THEM.
6 I have a room in my house full of supplies that I purchased to complete blog projects. Some of it is baking supplies, some are crafting supplies. A lot of them are "almost" finished, but for whatever reason, I hit a roadblock with them, and they sit unfinished. If I were to actually finish the projects I started, I would have 2-3 months worth of blog posts, but well, that is probably not going to happen.
7. Every Friday night, when I get home from work, I mentally plan out what I am going to do that weekend to get done for my blog. And then every Sunday afternoon, I have nothing done, and I feel like a total failure.
8. Twitter and G+ confuse the heck out of me. I have not even set up a Twitter account. I have a G+ account, but I have no idea how the heck it works, I just jump on every few days and comment on a few posts, share a few things..blah blah blah. Blogging experts will tell you that Twitter and G+ are key to a successful blog, well, see the title of this post. I don't have a successful blog.
9. I have a life. There, I said it. I refuse to let blogging take over my life. If my husband wants to take me to dinner, but I had planned on working on a blog project, hubby wins, every time, period, end of discussion. We are in the height of building a new house, as in WE ARE DOING 90% of the work. New house wins over blogger, every time, period.
10. I have made peace with the reality that I will NEVER be a successful blogger. Knowing this, has totally liberated me. I will never be able to quit my full time job and blog full time. I lack the disciplined and motivation to do so, and I am totally ok with that.
So....there you go, 10 truths about WHY MY BLOG IS NOT SUCCESSFUL. But, you know what my blog is? It is real! I fail, I am a human, what you see and read on this blog is true life You see me using a cake mix instead of baking from scratch. You see not so perfect pictures, but they were taken by me using my limited photography stills.
It may not be successful by some blogger measures, but it is successful in my book. I enjoy doing it. I makes me happy. I have met some amazing people by blogging. I have learned that it is ok to not be the best, as long as you do the best you can. I have learned that if you are happy, your blog will be a place people want to come.
Do I want to improve? YES! I try doing all I can, I research and network to make my blog better. BUT, I am at peace with where I am at now, I blog about what I love and what makes me happy. I blog about my life, I don't live for my blog.
What I am doing to try to make my blog successful, is that I host a weekly link party called Party in Your PJS. You still have time to link up this week, so if you would like to join the fun, you can link up HERE
So, there you go...my not so successful blog post about why my blog is not successful. But, I love it. How about you? Is there a reason your blog is not successful? Is there something that you do, or don't do to make your blog a success? Share with me, and others...sound off.
Until next time(whenever that might be)